Keswick Museum and Gallery is a great place to visit if you’re looking to discover the heritage of some of Cumbria’s most fascinating treasures. The museum is highly popular throughout the lakes and has been recognised for its quality to deliver an intriguing exhibition, as well as entertain all ages and appeal to their interests.
As a result, the museum has seen its efforts recognised through the Cumbria life culture awards, on the 12th of November 2015, the museum was awarded ‘Museum of the Year’. The museum was also a finalist for ‘Exhibition of the Year’ for Wainwright: A Love Letter to the Lakeland Fells. In the same year the museum had been awarded Best Small Visitor Attraction at the Cumbria Tourism Awards.
As well as being awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2016 from TripAdvisor.
The collection themes consist of:
- Landscape & natural history
- The lives of local people – domestic and community
- Social and industrial history
- Local art, artists & writers, crafts & crafts people
We highly recommend visiting:
– Savage Arena: The Legacy of Joe Tasker, curated by the mountain heritage trust, available until 30th April 2017
Address: Station Road, Keswick, Cumbria, CA12 4NF (9-10 minute drive from Underscar)
For further information visit the Keswick Museum website, or call on 017687 73263